Many of us have also proven, at the expense of our own health, that exhausting express diets do not produce the desired results and their effects are very short. At the same time, fasting has an extremely negative effect on the condition of our body, causing significant damage to it. It has long been known that you need to eat to lose weight effectively. Dietary foods help speed up metabolic processes, ensure the normal functioning of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, saturate the body with nutrients and vitamins, and maintain water balance.
The main principles of proper nutrition
How can you eat so that this process brings maximum benefits to your body? Proper nutrition is one of the principles of a healthy lifestyle. What and how we eat affects not only our weight but also our overall health. According to the pyramid of needs of the founder of humanistic psychology, Abraham Maslow, the first step in this is occupied by physiological needs, one of which is nutrition.
Food must meet the body's energy needs, regulate the functioning of all its systems and processes, and promote cell regeneration, ensuring the normal functioning of organs and tissues.
Let's look at the principles of proper nutrition, including those that promote weight loss:
- It needs to be varied and balanced. This approach to compiling a menu not only allows you to saturate your body with all the necessary ingredients and elements, but also makes the eating process enjoyable because you don’t have to consume the same foods every day.
- Divide your personal diet into several meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner, complemented by snacks.
- Eat only fresh food. Even with proper storage, they lose their useful properties.
- The list of dietary products needed for weight loss must include fresh vegetables and fruits that contain fiber that promotes metabolism and helps the digestive system. And the vitamins and minerals they contain improve the absorption of food and increase immunity.
- The right combination of products. You need to know which foods cannot be combined because this can jeopardize the increased formation of toxins and toxins.
- It is useful to change the diet depending on the season. The winter menu should consist of high-fat and high-protein foods, and the summer menu should be predominantly vegetable.
- Consume the optimal amount of calories per day. Most often, we gain from their imbalances from extra pounds.
The place of fluid in proper nutrition
The main element of proper nutrition is water. For normal saturation of body cells with moisture, at least 1. 5 liters of fluid should be consumed daily. In this case, it is best to drink plain purified water.
There is no consensus on whether tea, coffee and other beverages are included in the recommended price. Someone believes that the need to consume only pure water is a marketing ploy to increase sales of the bottled version. Opponents of this opinion argue that both tea and coffee are a diuretic, meaning that they only contribute to the removal of fluid and not to accumulation. We still recommend that you take it natural that tea is also liquid, but plain water is the main source for saturating the body. It is desirable to exclude coffee from the diet - this product is not on the list of products good for health.
On an empty stomach, drink 200 ml of clean water, and there is no indication of time during the day, the point is to start with the daily amount needed.
Diet products for weight loss
High protein foods
The main product in this group that helps with weight correction is fish. It contains omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, phosphorus, iodine, fluorine, vitamins A, B and E.
In terms of fat content, fish are divided into:
- Fatty varieties (from% fat content). 100 g contains 110-200 kcal. This category includes sturgeon, mackerel, halibut, eel, etc.
- Medium fat content (4-8%). Calorie content - 100-145 kcal / 100 g. Representatives of the category - sea bass, carp, pink salmon, trout, etc.
- Low-fat varieties (up to%) have a caloric content of 75 to 100 kcal. This category includes cod, perch, pike, bream, etc.
If you are watching your shape, it is better to prefer low-fat, diet-friendly varieties. In this case, smoked and fried fish should be excluded from the diet. This product is best baked in a grill, double boiler or oven. It is important to note that everything is good in moderation: it is not recommended to eat fish more than four times a week. Excessive amounts of trace elements and vitamins can also be harmful to health or lack of them.
In addition, turkey and chicken can be attributed to protein products. They have a higher protein content than pork, but much less calories and fat. The beneficial substances found in poultry meat stimulate adipose tissue metabolism and help cleanse the liver. The high protein content of chicken and turkey provides good support for muscle building.
The list of the most dietary foods for weight loss is rightly supplemented by chicken eggs. They boast a protein content and 12 vitamins, including vitamins B, D, and E, that our bodies fully absorb. Despite their low calorie content (70-80 calories in a boiled egg), this product perfectly quenches hunger.
Milk and milk products
This group of dietary products is distinguished by the presence of calcium and phosphorus, which are important for the overall functioning of the body. Dairy products also contain enough protein. Regular consumption of milk-based products helps to activate metabolic processes.
There is an opinion that only low-fat sour milk and dairy products should be consumed when losing weight. But this view can be considered wrong because milk fats contain linoleic acid, which promotes energy production and does not allow the accumulation of fats in the body. In terms of the amount of linoleic acid, "milk" is second only to vegetable oil. However, milk and its derivatives contain far fewer calories. Another important element whose presence makes this product useful is calcium.
It is worth noting that excess linoleic acid can still cause weight gain, and excessive amounts of protein in the body contribute to the leaching of calcium. Therefore, such ingredients should not be misused with high-content products.
The most popular dairy product for weight loss is kefir. This diet drink contains microorganisms that positively affect intestinal function and stimulate metabolic processes. It relieves thirst and hunger well, it can be used as a safe and mild laxative, which is important for weight loss.
Of the dietary products, no more or less complete table is complete without cottage cheese, which contains easily digestible calcium and protein and allows for a quick and permanent relief of hunger. You can also enjoy this wonderful food before going to bed. Cottage cheese is suitable for people with lactose intolerance because it contains small amounts of this substance. The product is excellent for dressing dishes, can be conveniently used as a decoration for snacks and for making desserts, which can be enjoyed while losing weight.
Soft cheeses are useful and safe for the figure - Adyghe, feta, ricotta, mozzarella. They are low in calories and high in vitamins.
Another favorite for those struggling with extra pounds is cereals. They are low in calories, high in nutritional value and perfectly remove toxins due to their high fiber content. Each cereal has a special composition and a different taste quality, which allows for a variety of menus in addition to dietary restrictions. Recipes for dieting products include water-cooked meals.
Get acquainted with the types of cereals and their characteristics:
- Wheat.The cereals with the lowest calories. Prevents grease build-up. Recommended for high cholesterol and digestive problems. It is useful when taking antibiotics as it stimulates their elimination from the body. Frequent use of foods that contain semolina slows the aging process of cells and tissues, improves the condition of nails and hair, so it is not only important for weight loss.
- Barley.Barley is characterized by a high fiber content. It helps cleanse the body and speeds up lipid metabolism. Pearl barley-based foods do not cause allergies.
- Buckwheat.Another popular product that is part of many diets. Buckwheat contains iron and a small amount of fat. It is digested for a long time, thanks to which you will feel hungry for a long time after consuming a food from it.
- Cereal.Fiber, calcium, zinc, iron, phosphorus and amino acids - this is what this wonderful diet product boasts. Oatmeal improves complexion and relieves many skin problems, it has a beneficial effect on its condition. Another benefit of weight loss is the powerful cleansing effect.
The caloric content of nuts is quite high. At the same time, snacks between whole meals are perfect: they quickly alleviate hunger, take up little space, allowing you to take them to work or for a walk, have a rejuvenating effect and activate metabolic processes. Therefore, when losing weight, you should not give up a few nuts a day.
In order not to damage the body and maintain a slim figure, you can eat in one day:
- 10-12 pieces of peanuts;
- 50 g pine nuts;
- 20-22 pieces of almonds;
- 2 nuts.
Vegetables and greens
Rich in fiber, vitamins and trace elements of different groups. Starch-free vegetables are very low in calories, allowing you to have a beneficial effect on health without fear of shape.
To fully saturate the body with the necessary elements, which is especially important during weight loss, you need to eat about 1-1, 5 kg of vegetables per day. These can be different products and should be consumed without the addition of sauces. Olive oil, lean sour cream or apple cider vinegar are suitable as a dressing for vegetable dishes.
The best help when losing weight:
Supplier of potassium, beta-carotene, lecithin, vitamins A and C. Carrots increase hemoglobin in the blood, speed up metabolism and are useful for vision problems.
Water is the main ingredient in cucumbers. They contain virtually no fat. Organic compounds in large amounts have a very beneficial effect on health. These vegetables help remove cholesterol and improve gastric peristalsis. These vegetables are characterized by a significant content of important elements for our health, such as iodine and potassium. For the biggest benefit, it’s best not to limit yourself to this amazing, low-calorie product during the summer season.
It contains essential oils as well as zinc, potassium, iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and a full vitamin cocktail. Frequent consumption of this vegetable helps to cleanse the body, renew cells, remove excess moisture, saturates with energy, stimulates the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. The particularly pleasant effect of consuming the product is the burning of extra calories.
At weight loss, nutrition experts advise you to take 50 g of celery juice in the morning, afternoon and evening. You can add a little apple, cabbage or carrot juice to the drink.
An invaluable product that doctors recommend for the prevention of oncological diseases in order to maintain the normal functioning of the heart and blood vessels. Tomatoes contain a special substance - lycopene - which has a beneficial effect on the digestive system, activates the process of breaking down fats and lowers cholesterol.
Contains tartaric acid. Its use inhibits the formation of body fat, which contributes to weight loss. Regardless of which cabbage you prefer - white, broccoli or cauliflower - this dietary product can be taken in any amount without fear. There are plenty of recipes for vegetables, while all foods based on them are low in calories and healthy.
This product contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and folic acid.
Asparagus helps get rid of problems like:
- excess fluid;
- Presence of toxins.
Using it will help you lose a few pounds in just one week. This vegetable contains vitamins A, B, C, E and P, lycopene and anthocyanins. Sweet peppers are a very satisfying product, so you can reduce the rations of the food you make with them.
It is very useful due to its content of sodium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and potassium, as well as a whole complex of vitamins and minerals. Radish inhibits fat deposition, normalizes glucose and hemoglobin levels, improves digestion.
As a diet product, vegetables can be eaten raw, cooked or fried. The grilled food is also healthy and delicious. Plus, you can make wonderful juices from fresh vegetables.
Berries and fruits
Rich in fiber, a solid set of trace elements and vitamins. Their use activates the metabolism, stimulates the excretion of toxins, improves the functioning of all body systems. They contain very few calories, so they are very popular with everyone who monitors their appearance and health.
Let’s see how the most popular representatives of this group of diet products are useful.
Rich in pectin, folic acid, vitamin C. It contributes to the development of a normal intestinal microflora and speeds up the metabolism.
It is popular for weight loss due to the presence of a special enzyme - bromelain. Although, contrary to the opinion of many, this substance does not promote the breakdown of fats, it helps to lose weight by actively participating in the digestive process. Bromelain is most effective in dairy-based products, legumes, meat and fish.
It speeds up metabolic processes, especially stimulates the removal of fat from the body. It effectively fights excess fluid in cells and tissues.
Characteristics of dietary nutrition
If you are planning to lose weight with your diet, read these important guidelines:
- There is no need to count calories in foods. Strange as it may seem, this indicator does not significantly affect the effectiveness of the diet (only if we are not talking about sports nutrition). It is much more important to pay attention to the glycemic index.
- The products in the diet of your choice are completely substitutable, you just need to make sure that the indicators of the replacement are the same as those of the replaced ingredient.
- If there are contraindications to any product and allergic reactions, you should exclude it from your diet.
- If you decide to lose weight, you will have to give up flour products and fried foods.
- Do not replace the useful product with a weaker trace element.
Dieting during weight loss does not necessarily require sacrifice in the form of giving up pleasure. You can make not only healthy but also very tasty and varied food from weight loss products.