Man is structured in such a way that when he is passionate about any occupation, work, his brain is only focused on creating the work. Emotional and sensitive people in particular often don’t think about what to eat if they had something to eat.
But when the stomach is pounding, sick, or vomiting, one remembers that he has a stomach and his body needs to be fed, preferably with healthy foods. When stomach pain, discomfort, belching, and nausea occur only intermittently in a person, and when the pain subsides, it is forgotten, and this insane competition continues again — work, at home, shopping, and so on.
Such neglect of health often becomes a serious problem. The stomach is primarily malnourished and the most common disease is gastritis, which can take various forms.
Adherence to a diet is essential in the recovery and treatment of all types of gastritis, with the exception of drug therapy. And when a doctor makes a diagnosis after EGD, the question arises before that person - what foods can you eat in case of gastritis?
What can you eat for gastritis?
- porridgeis the healthiest breakfast food for anyone with stomach problems. This is especially true for oatmeal and buckwheat, they can also be cooked in milk diluted with water, gastritic porridge must be cooked for a long time. You should not eat instant cereals that do not require cooking, they have no benefits. Better to buy oatmeal and buckwheat, much healthier.
- Rusks and white bread- Rye bread is not allowed for gastritis, and freshly baked bread has a bad effect on the stomach mucosa. Therefore, croutons soaked in weak tea, milk or dried white bread during lunch are the best solution.
- Potatoesis a very useful and indispensable product that is best consumed as mashed potatoes or cooked. Fried french fries - has a very negative effect on the gastric mucosa, it should be completely eliminated.
- Soups- You can't cook soups in very strong broth, be it chicken or beef. If you can’t eat vegetarian soup with cereals, you can use broth, but only heavily diluted. You should also avoid flavoring soups made with flavor enhancers, use the soups warm, not hot.
- Meat- you can eat in addition to gastritis, but only low-fat breeds - beef, veal, chicken, rabbit. The steam slice is especially useful for gastritis as the meat is chopped and steamed. If it is only stewed meat, it should be chewed very carefully and not overused as all meat products put a strain on the stomach. Of course, neither smoked nor uncooked smoked sausages and sausages can be used in case of gastritis.
- Fish- only low-fat marine fish such as pollo, cod, hake. Of the river fish, perch and pike are the best. It is better to refuse canned fish and fried fish altogether, all the useful properties of fish are lost during their production, and many spices and preservatives, carcinogens can be obtained in an interesting way. As with meat, it is best to simmer the fish, limiting the spices.
Can milk, kefir, cottage cheese, yogurt be used for gastritis?
In case of high acid gastritis
Milk can be consumed, especially with tea. All fermented dairy products are sour milk, yogurt is also useful for gastritis, only if it is not too acidic. But kefir is not very useful because of its high acidity. Fresh cottage cheese is recommended in puree form. Among the cottage cheese products, various casserole stacks, lazy dumplings, oven-baked cheesecakes are very good for the stomach, but only in moderation.
For low acid gastritis
But can milk be used for low-acid gastritis? It is not recommended to consume whole, unless it is added to beverages and cereals when preparing various foods. Fermented dairy products, kefir, yogurt are very useful for such gastritis. Natural fresh cottage cheese can also be consumed in moderation, in the form of souffle, pudding, casserole.
Spicy, salty cheeses, fatty milk and sour cream, shop glaze cottage cheese.
Possible cheese, eggs, ice cream for gastritis?
- Cheese- spicy or too salty cheeses are not allowed for any gastritis, even regular hard cheeses should be consumed in limited quantities in small slices.
- Eggs- can be eaten with high acid gastritis, but only in the form of soft-boiled or omelette, 2-3 eggs a week. In addition to low acidity, you can also eat soft-boiled eggs, fried omelettes with cheese, but no more than 1 egg per day. Hard-boiled eggs are categorically impossible for any gastritis. Fried eggs fried in oil are especially harmful for gastritis.
- Ice cream, cakes, sweets- categorically impossible in case of gastritis, especially in case of increased stomach acidity.
What fruits (bananas, apples, grapes, melons and watermelons) can be used for gastritis?
- Banana- Can bananas be used for gastritis? It is a healthy fruit that is low in fiber, soft, easy to digest and contains many of the nutrients your body needs. And although the 5th diet prohibits fruits such as dates, bananas, many gastroenterologists believe that their moderate consumption can’t hurt, and bananas can also be eaten in case of gastritis.
- And with applesfor gastritis? Apples for the stomach are the most useful fruit for gastritis; apple sauce even cures this disease. Only apples of different acidity, more or less sweet, should be chosen and sour apples should not be eaten. On the contrary, at low acidity, sour apples are better. With the worsening of gastritis, apples can only be eaten in the form of mashed potatoes.
- Grapes- this fruit for gastritis is a clear contraindication, neither berries nor grape juice can be drunk in any gastritis. The specific fermentation process and the thick grape skin nullify its beneficial properties for the body, as it irritates the mucous membranes and increases the acidity of the gastric juice in the case of gastritis. Even with low acidity, it is not recommended to consume grapes due to their thick skin and seeds.
- melonis almost the heaviest plant product not only for the stomach but also for the pancreas and gallbladder. The gastrointestinal tract is difficult to treat with melon, even for a perfectly healthy person, so anyone suffering from gastritis should give up such a dubious product.
- Watermelon- this can be eaten for gastritis, but very little. Only 1-2 slices can be eaten at any acidity. It is best to buy watermelons in late August or September - this is due to the fact that farmers do not save on chemicals in the race for early harvest, so the first July watermelon and melon is simply dangerous to health. By the end of August, most melons and pumpkins have time to get rid of excess nitrates and pesticides, and at this time they are the finest and safest.
Can juice be used for gastritis?
With increased acidity
You can only consume juices from sweet fruits and berries — sweet apples, cherries, figs, tomatoes, pears, peaches. Juices from citrus fruits - oranges, mandarins, pineapples, grapefruits, lemons and other sour fruits - apricots, pomegranates, gooseberries, blueberries, plums, grapes are not included. Vegetable juice - cabbage and potato juice is a very useful folk remedy with wound healing properties. All juices should be drunk warm at room temperature as in gastritis, cold drinks and food irritate the stomach lining.
At low acidity
All juices except grapes are allowed. Vegetable and fruit juice for gastritis should be diluted with water, rosehip decoction is also very useful.
What vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage) can be used for gastritis?
- What vegetables can be used for gastritis?Ripe, non-acidic tomatoes can be eaten without aggravation. As for fresh cucumbers, there are two opposing opinions, one that can not be used categorically and the other is mild gastritis without exacerbation, peeled and grated cucumbers can be consumed. Potatoes, beets and carrots, as well as cauliflower and green peas can be eaten, but only cooked, fried, steamed, or in the form of souffle, mashed potatoes, pudding.
- What vegetables are prohibited for gastritis?As for cabbage, it is not recommended to use white cabbage for gastritis, as well as turnips, rutabagas, radishes, onions, mushrooms, all canned food, pickled and salted vegetables, especially potato products such as chips and french fries.
Can tea, coffee, chicory, chocolate be consumed in case of gastritis?
- Tea- with increased acidity you can drink weak tea with milk, high quality green tea is especially useful.
- Coffee- it is absolutely impossible to drink gastritis black coffee on an empty stomach, even in large quantities, especially with the increased acidity of the stomach. Low-acid coffee or cocoa with milk is allowed, but only in limited quantities.
- Chocolate- it is better to completely refuse this product in case of gastritis.
- Chicory- Lots of conflicting information about whether you can drink chicory for gastritis? Instant chicory manufacturers are convinced that this is a completely safe and healthy product that everyone should drink. However, in terms of its effect on the gastric mucosa, it is just as harmful as regular coffee. If you cannot refuse this drink, soften it with milk and never drink on an empty stomach. Learn more about the benefits and dangers of chicory. Carbonated drinks and kvass
- should not be drunk together with gastritis.
Can I drink beer, wine, alcohol for gastritis?
In the event of an exacerbation of acute gastritis or any chronic gastritis, any low-alcohol and alcoholic beverages — beer, brandy, vodka, wine, etc. — are strictly prohibited. to consume. Even during remission, the use of alcoholic beverages in a person suffering from gastritis causes chemical damage to the already unhealthy state of the gastric mucosa. Alcohol provokes the production of gastric juice, namely hydrochloric acid, which damages the mucous membranes, exacerbating the inflammatory process in the stomach.
Can there be seeds, nuts, honey, ginger for gastritis?
- Nuts, Seeds, Legumes- Nuts of any type should not be used in case of gastritis, the same applies to seeds and legumes.
- honeycan be used for gastritis because it has wound healing properties and is considered a vitaminized and useful product. However, it is moderately good, especially since many people may be allergic to beekeeping products.
- Gingeris a very hot spice that should not be used in any form for gastritis.
Can gastritis be cured?
In non-neglected cases of superficial gastritis, gastritis can be completely cured by living a healthy lifestyle and following the following strict rules, which prove to be a rather difficult task in practice:
- Continuous adherence to the diet, no dry food, no fast food.
- Meals should be 5-6 times a day, at certain hours, the last meal should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Avoid overeating and long meal breaks.
- Avoid smoking and drinking.
- Work on developing your own resistance to stress (stress resistance) or eliminate psycho-emotional overload.
- Lack of physical overload, constantly monitor the condition of the body, do not overwork, do not strain, sleep at least 8 hours a day at night, and preferably 1 hour during the day.